Nissan has launched an update to the X-Trail range, which features a sophisticated Nissan Connect Infotainment system, an in-vehicle technology suite combining connectivity and entertainment to enhance the Nissan Intelligent Mobility offering.
The Nissan X-Trail is one of the world’s bestselling SUV’s– Stefan Haasbroek, Nissan South Africa Marketing Director.
Designed to reduce distractions and enhance convenience, the Nissan Connect infotainment system featured in the X-Trail integrates ways to stay in touch within a single dash-mounted system. This intuitive system helps every drive go smoother by pointing you exactly where you need to go while keeping you connected for each kilometer of the journey.
“The Nissan X-Trail is one of the world’s bestselling SUV’s, a key vehicle in the Nissan family and a favourite among South African customers. We are constantly creating technology that amps up adventure and elevates the driving experience of our customers with ease and convenience. The Nissan Connect is a system that will provide drivers with an enhanced in-vehicle digital experience and enhanced connectivity. We are excited that these upgrades are now available to the South African market,” said Stefan Haasbroek, Nissan South Africa Marketing Director.
The system allows you to connect your smartphone to the 7’Inch display audio touch screen through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. While you take to the wheel, the new Nissan connect system allows you to access various applications such as google maps and online music streaming services ensuring you reach your destination comfortably.
Additional to the Nissan Connect system the X-Trail is now available with key enhancements added to the Acenta (Mid) & Tekna (High) grade:
-Push start button
-Keyless entry with sensor-controlled power tailgate
Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM)
The X-Trail stays true to the ethos of Nissan Intelligent Mobility with technology designed to make every journey as seamless and effortless as possible. NIM features available on the Tekna (High) grade include:
The Nissan Connect is a system that will provide drivers with an enhanced in-vehicle digital experience and enhanced connectivity
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention– alerts the driver to the presence of vehicles in blind spots diagonally behind the car.
- Intelligent Lane Intervention– alerts the driver when it detects that the X-Trail is straying from its lane.
- Intelligent Cross Traffic Alert – when backing out of a parking space, this feature can detect and warn the driver of vehicles that are approaching behind the X-Trail.
- Intelligent Emergency Braking – uses radar technology to keep an eye on your speed and proximity to the vehicle in front of you and will alert the driver before engaging the brakes.
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning – helps alert drivers of an impending collision with a slower moving or stationary car.
- Intelligent Auto Headlights – automatically changes between high and low beams when it detects oncoming vehicles at night.
- Intelligent Around View Monitor with moving object detection – a support technology that assists drivers to park more easily by providing a better understanding of the vehicle’s surroundings, giving the driver a 360 bird’s eye view.
The Nissan X-Trail is available in South Africa from March 2021.
Recommended Retail Pricing:
- X-TRAIL 2.0 VISIA 7S R462 000
- X-TRAIL 2.5 Acenta CVT 4WD R508 900
- X-TRAIL 2.5 Acenta CVT 4WD 7s R513 900
- X-TRAIL 1.6 dci Tekna 4WD R585 900
- X-TRAIL 2.5 Tekna CVT 4WD 7s R599 900
Recommended Retail Price includes 3yr/90,000 km Service Plan and 6yr/150,000km warranty.