By H&H Admin
Although cars are produced en masse, finding one which suits your individual needs takes time and effort. Some people want lots of legroom, others, luggage space and there are those whose highest preference is the latest technology and driver convenience.
Here are a few other considerations to consider:
Safety features that are connected to reducing one’s insurance premiums, should be high on every car buyers’ list of priorities. These include, airbags (the more the merrier), electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes, lane departure warning, blind-spot detection, forward and rear cameras, collision alert monitors and electronic stability control, to mention a few.
- Ergonomics are critical for operating a vehicle with ease and comfort so when you get behind the wheel, make sure you can effortlessly reach the car’s primary controls.
- Open and close both the front and rear car doors to test their weight. It is important that all family members including minors can enter and exit the car stress-free. Similarly, check the weight of the boot door.
- Make sure that items you use regularly fit in the car. These could include golf bags, strollers and car seats.
- Sit in the rear seats and test leg and headroom.
- Ensure that the rear seats are comfortable, supportive and adjustable. Also check if they fold down effortlessly, to increase the luggage space area.
- Check that the display screens are easy to read.
- Test that the pedals aren’t too soft or hard and that the steering wheel can easily be adjusted upwards, downwards, towards and away from you.
- Satisfy yourself that your smartphone and other devices connect quickly and easily to the car’s Bluetooth system.
- Check that the car has a modern, or updated GPS which is easy to use.
Because a car is a long-term purchase it is well worth your time to assure yourself that you are as comfortable as you can be with your decision. Once you’ve signed on the dotted line you are bonded to the vehicle for at least 60 months and that’s a long time to drive a car you are entirely happy with.