Meet The New R 1250 GS And R 1250 GS Adventure: The Expert Partners For Travelling On-Road And Adventure Riding
The newest additions to BMW Motorrad’s GS range – the BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure – has arrived in South Africa and our motorcycle contributor Bongiwe Didiza is in attendance at the launch in the Western Cape. We’ll share her first impressions of the new adventure motorcycles soon.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve control times and the valve lift on the intake side.
- Powerful acceleration, exemplary consumption and emission values.
- Power and torque: 100 kW at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
- Knock sensor system for optimised touring capability.
- New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro as standard.
- Three riding modes as standard.
- New “Eco” riding mode for particularly economical driving as standard.
- Pro riding modes with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment ex works.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- Electronic Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
- Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard.
- Seat heating for rider and passenger for increased travelling and touring capability as optional equipment ex works.
- Handlebar risers by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
- In addition to the standard seat height adjustability, a wide range of seat height options ex works.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display and numerous features as standard on the R 1250 GS.
- Intelligent emergency call as optional equipment ex works.
- “40 Years GS” anniversary edition.
- Extended range of optional equipment and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as optional equipment ex works.
- New full-LED adaptive headlight as optional equipment ex works.
- New lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs as optional equipment ex works.
- One attractive basic colour each and the two triple black and Rallye style variants ex works as optional equipment.
PRICING: BMW R 1250 GS
|Light White||R 322 900.00|
|Triple Black||R 333 400.00|
|Style Rallye Package (HP)||R 336 400.00|
|Special Edition 40 Years of GS||R 350 400.00|
PRICING: BMW R 1250 GSA
|Ice Grey||R 343 700.00|
|Triple Black||R 352 200.00|
|Style Rallye Package (HP)||R 354 300.00|
|Special Edition 40 Years of GS||R 368 700.00|