The first Hayabusa has landed in South Africa but you’re going to have to wait in line for yours
The first 2021 Hayabusa has landed eMzansi but excited customers will have to hold their horses as the first shipment of 20, due to arrive in early October, has already sold out.
Before you rush to place your order for the next batch of adrenalin pumping 2-wheelers we have it on good authority that the shipment arriving towards early November has also been accounted for.
That’s right folks, all 42 motorcycles, priced at approximately R329,000 per unit, are already sold out before landing on our shores, proving just how dominate the Hayabusa brand is, in its segment.
Here are a few highlights about the incoming Refined Beast. It features:
- Legendary Power And Reliability: Refinements implemented throughout the Hayabusa’s legendary 1,340cm3 liquid-cooled inline-four engine achieve an even better balance of overall performance, yet greater efficiency and durability, while also satisfying Euro 5 emissions standards. It weights 264kg and has a 20-litre fuel tank.
- Poised And Ready To Fly: Aerodynamic performance is critically important on a motorcycle capable of reaching top speeds nearing 300km/h. As such, the Hayabusa features one of the best drag coefficients found on any street legal motorcycle.
- Optimized Suspension: High quality new KYB suspension package, designed to combat the outrageous performance aspect. The KYB inverted cartridge forks provide 120mm of front wheel travel and feature diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm outer diameter inner fork tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small irregularities in the road surface. The internal structure has been upgraded to better to absorb the road surface and ensure an even smoother, more stable ride with optimum grip.
- Maximized Stopping Power: The new Hayabusa is equipped with new Brembo Stylema® front brake callipers, which feature a lighter, more compact and carefully sculpted design intended for use on high-performance motorcycles. These new callipers increase airflow around the brake pads to cool more quickly and deliver immediate response. Paired with front discs featuring a diameter increased from 310mm to 320mm these new callipers showcase a new hole pattern that further helps optimize cooling efficiency.
- Exclusively Designed Bridgestone Tyres: New and exclusively designed BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22 tyres wrap around all-new 7-spoke wheels to assist with the perfect 50/50 weight distribution of the chassis as well as improve grip in both dry and wet riding conditions and greater all-round traction agility to retain a heightened level of durability
- Bi-Directional Quick-Shifter: Shift up or down more quickly and easily without the need to operate the clutch or throttle. Quick Shift offers two modes. Mode 1 reacts more quickly to replicate racing-style response, while Mode 2 offers a lighter touch.
- Elegant Instrumentation: The familiar layout and functionality of the Hayabusa’s instrument cluster now benefits from bigger, bolder numbering on the analogue tach and speedometer to improve readability. The new TFT LCD panel mounted in the centre features an Active Data display that enhances the ride by offering a bird’s-eye view of the bike’s current operating status. This includes real-time display of the lean angle, front and rear brake pressure, rate of acceleration and throttle position.
- Lighting Your Way In Style: The Hayabusa’s vertically stacked low beam and projector-type high beam headlights adopt LEDs. The distinctive signature of their lighting pattern provides clear illumination at night and makes the Hayabusa highly visible to pedestrians and other traffic. In the rear, a bold new LED taillight and rear turn signal design creates a single wide, sharp accent running horizontally across the bottom of the tail section.
The new Hayabusa features the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) which includes:
- Launch Control System
- Active Speed Limiter
- Cruise Control System
- Emergency Stop Signal
- Motion Track Brake System
- Slope Dependent Control System
- Hill Hold Control System
Priced from R 329 000-00