The World Car Person of the Year award was created in 2018 and serves to acknowledge and celebrate a person who has made the most significant contribution to the global automotive industry during the period January 1 till December 31.
The 2021 Car Person of the World finalists are:
- Pratap Bose, Vice-President, Global Design, Tata Motors
- Euisun Chung, Chairman, Hyundai Motor Group
- Akio Toyoda, President and CEO, Toyota Motor Corporation
- Luc Donckerwolke, Chief Creative Officer, Hyundai Motor Group
- Tomiko Takeuchi, Program Manager, MX-30, Mazda Motor Corporation