CAR REVIEW: 10-Top Reasons Why the Renault Duster deserves to be on every car buyer’s list
Launched in 2013, Renault South Africa has sold over 21 000 units of the Duster model range. Globally, the automaker has sold 2 million units, which only serves to show just how popular this SUV is.
Here are the top 10 things I love about the Renault Duster 1.5 CDI 4×4:
1. Visually expressive, muscular, and bold, the Renault Duster 1.5 4×4 CDI stands proud and tall on 17” heels.
2. It has a ground clearance of 210mm proving that it is more than capable of conquering any terrain with ease.
3. Robust and athletic, the Duster is built for purposeful adventure yet remains light and agile enough for everyday city driving.
4. It has one heck of a spacious boot, loads of nifty storage areas within its cabin, and a convenient START-STOP button to get the vehicle on the move.
5. It boasts features such as Hill Start and Hill Descent Control and an innovative 4×4 monitor to help assess the gradient of the road at any given time.
6. Powered to go further the 1.5 CDI turbo diesel engine is comfortable, powerful, and responsive.
7. Designed to take to the open road frugally, the Duster has a 50-liter fuel tank and is incredibly fuel-efficient with fuel consumption at a mere 4.8-liters per 100km. If nothing else, this simply means you won’t be a regular customer at the local fuel station.
8. It features a contemporary uncluttered and unpretentious interior with distinct design accents.
9. It is comfortable, spacious, and with ample room for tall front and rear-seat passengers to enjoy a long-distance drive in comfort.
10, With uncompromised attention to safety, the Duster offers a multitude of advanced active and passive safety technology as standard across the range, such as 6 airbags, ABS [Anti-Lock Braking System] with EBD [Electronic Brake Distribution] in conjunction with EBA [Emergency Brake Assist], making it possible to maintain control over the trajectory in the event of heavy braking.
The Renault Duster is certainly worth looking at if you are in the market for a mid-size SUV which caters to the entire family. Peace of mind is part of the package with the Duster with a standard 3-Year/ 45,000km Service Plan and a 5-Year/ 150,000km Warranty.
The Renault Duster model range is priced as follows:
Duster 1.6 Expression 4×2: R 386 793-00
Duster TechRoad 1.5 DCI 4×2 M/T: R 460 101-00
Duster TechRoad 1.5 dCi 4×2 EDC: R 505 552-00
Duster Dynamique 1.5 dCi 4×4: R 505 552-00
Duster 1.5 dCI Prestige EDC 4×2: R 522 658-00