“Inspiring performance, an impressive range of equipment, an incomparable riding experience and an almost unshakable confidence of GS customers in their motorcycles contribute significantly to the success of the BMW Motorrad brand That was an incentive and at the same time an obligation with the new R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure.” Patrick Gürlich, Project Manager, and Reiner Fings, Product Manager
The legendary two-cylinder boxer engine ensures a superior and cultivated drive. It still has a displacement of 1,254 cm3 with 100 kW of power. Due to BMW ShiftCam technology for varying valve control timing and valve lift on the intake side, it provides superior power across the entire speed range, extremely smooth and quiet running and outstanding consumption and emission values.
Highlights of the new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure:
- Original boxer engine with BMW ShiftCam technology for varying the valve control times and the valve lift on the intake side.
- Powerful acceleration over the entire speed range, exemplary consumption and emission values as well as smooth and quiet running.
- Power and torque: 100 kW at 7 750 rpm and 143 Nm at 6,250 rpm.
- Knock sensor system for optimised touring capability.
- New BMW Motorrad Integral ABS Pro as standard.
- Three riding modes as standard.
- New “Eco” riding mode for particularly economical driving as standard.
- Pro riding modes with additional riding modes and new riding mode preselection as well as dynamic engine brake control as optional equipment ex works.
- Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) as standard.
- Electronic Dynamic ESA “Next Generation” chassis with fully automatic load compensation.
- Hill Start Control Pro (HSC Pro) with advanced function as optional equipment ex works.
- New full-LED adaptive headlight as optional equipment ex works.
- New lighting functions, cruising light and function-integrated turn indicator bulbs as optional equipment ex works.
- Vehicle voltage and USB sockets as standard.
- Seat heating for rider and passenger for increased travelling and touring capability as optional equipment ex works.
- Handlebar risers by 30 mm as optional equipment ex works.
- In addition to the standard seat height adjustability, a wide range of seat height options ex works.
- Connectivity: Multifunctional instrument cluster with 6.5-inch full-colour TFT display and numerous features as standard on the R 1250 GS.
- Intelligent emergency call as optional equipment ex works.
- One attractive basic colour each and the two triple black and Rallye style variants ex works as optional equipment.
- “40 Years GS” anniversary edition.
- Extended range of optional equipment and Original BMW Motorrad Accessories.
The new BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GS Adventure will be available in South Africa from the second quarter of 2021. Local prices and specification will be available closer to the time.