The all-new Sportage symbolises the pioneering DNA of the Kia brand. The past success of the Sportage is deeply rooted in a mindset of constant reinvention. Under the new Kia brand, a fifth generation Sportage once again brings an innovation that elevates the brand to the next level.
Advanced powertrains – the heart of all-new Sportage
The all-new Sportage will be launched with a comprehensive range of powerful, responsive and efficient powertrains, including the very latest-generation clean gasoline and diesel IC engine technology.
A high-tech 1.6-litre TGDI powertrain will be offered in the all-new Sportage line-up, generating 132 kW and 265 Nm of torque.
The 1.6-liter TGDI engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (7DCT), while a 6-speed manual transmission is also available.
Also included in the launch line-up is a new and highly efficient R2.0-liter diesel engine featuring an advanced variable geometry turbocharger that helps it to develop 137 kW and 416 Nm of torque.
The 2.0 four-cylinder unit has been designed in response to tightening emissions regulations and features an array of sophisticated technologies to drive down emissions output and enhance real-world fuel efficiency. The new R2.0-liter diesel engine comes with an extensively re-engineered 8-speed automatic transmission.
Leading the way in safety
With safety being a top priority during development, the fifth-generation all-new Sportage is one of the safest vehicles in its class; safety restraint and structure system applications, including driver airbag, passenger airbag, side curtain airbags and low-side airbags.
The all-new Sportage feature Kia’s acclaimed Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) technology helps the Sportage to avoid potential hazards. This includes:
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA),which helps avoid collisions with objects in front of the vehicle while driving.
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA),which helps maintain a set distance and speed from the vehicle ahead when driving on a highway, while also helping centre the all-new Sportage in its lane.
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC),which helps drive the all-new Sportage at a safe speed on the highway using real-time navigation data.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA),which provides a warning to the driver when operating the turning signal to change lanes, should there be a risk of collision with a rearside vehicle.
- Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA),which helps the driver to remotely park or exit a parking spot from outside the vehicle
Due for global market launch later this year, more information on the all-new Sportage will be made available in due course.