Land Rover has announced the South African debut of the new Discovery. The versatile family SUV features an enhanced interior and exterior, and is now smarter and better connected with cutting edge technologies.
Captivating New Looks
The new Discovery delivers a bold exterior evolution with new signature LED headlights and a daytime running light signature set lower into the units. Animated sweeping front and rear indicators now provide heightened visual sophistication while body-colour front fender vents accentuate the premium SUV’s familiar waistline.
A revised front bumper now features a wider body-coloured graphic and at the rear, a new Gloss Black panel with the trademark Discovery script is positioned between the tail lights.
New R-Dynamic Model
A new R-Dynamic model brings a more assertive character with a series of unique design elements, including Gloss Black and Shadow Atlas exterior accents on the outside and two-tone leather and contrast seat stitching on the inside.
R-Dynamic models include Premium LED headlights which produce a colour of light that is closer to daylight, helping drivers distinguish objects more easily and help to reduce driver fatigue. Driving at night or in poor visibility is made easier by Auto High Beam Assist (AHBA) which automatically switches on and headlights and dip for oncoming traffic.
- An optional Hands-free Gesture Tailgate can detect the wave of a foot beneath the rear bumper to open the boot while the Powered Inner Tailgate restrains loose items and doubles as a handy bench.
- Intelligent Seat Fold technology allows customers to effortlessly configure the seating layout using the central touchscreen, while Remote app technology lets customers keep tabs on the fuel status and location of their vehicle and even unlock and lock the doors.
- Land Rover’s new second-generation Activity Key is also available and features touchscreen controls, a digital watch and can lock, unlock and start the vehicle as an addition to the conventional fob.
- ClearSight Ground View technology, provides drivers with a view of the obscured ground directly beneath the front of the vehicle using the central touchscreen and a combination of forward-facing cameras. The clever feature is the realisation of Land Rover’s futuristic transparent bonnet concept and supports the driver when negotiating steep off-road inclines or hidden urban obstacles.
Powertrains and Models
Two new 3.0-litre straight-six Ingenium engines, both petrol and diesel, are introduced with the petrol version featuring 48V Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology for enhanced efficiency, performance and smoothness. This powerful P360 powertrain offers outputs of 265kW and 500Nm, and provides a 0-100km/h time of 6.7 seconds.
The new D300 six-cylinder Ingenium diesel features lightweight aluminium construction and replaces the previous SD4 and SDV6 diesels. With hefty outputs of 221kW and 650Nm, the D300 can accelerate to 100km/h in 6.8 seconds
The new Discovery is now available in South Africa
Discovery D300 S R1,452,700
Discovery D300 SE R-Dynamic R1,561,200
Discovery D300 HSE R-Dynamic R1,675,900
Discovery P360 S R1,487,600
Discovery P360 SE R-Dynamic R1,596,100
Discovery P360 HSE R-Dynamic R1,710,900
* Prices include VAT but exclude CO2 tax